Monday, June 1, 2009

it's JUNE!

and I keep thinking, "Man, it's going to be so rad when we get Samstag going this summer and we have time to make things and meet other people who make things and wear cool things and do awesome things with their time."



And...there's no time like the present, eh, budding readership? It's time to get 'er done.



Lizzie has set the ball rolling and I must carry along in her stead, though "Tits of Christmas" is, admittedly, a difficult post to follow...





Today I am all full of thoughts but primarily these thoughts:





WE ARE GRADUATING IN 9 DAYZ!!!





This is a crazy, crazy truth.


Family invasions, silver cloud secret pool party, caps and gowns and colored shoes. LOTS OF PHOTOS. Real life - commence! More on that later.

Secondly, it's REALLY HOT in Seattle. Lizzie was not lying to you.




All I could do yesterday was lie on my floor reading Harry Potter 6. It was the only thing I could concentrate on, and lying supine on the floor kept me below the invisible heat rays that emanate through the Pits without respite. Hello, summer of sweat and no a/c. Finally I picked myself up, pitifully, to yell out the window and Wilfred and Elspeth who were being all cute on the front lawn. I think I said something like, "It's sooo HOOOOOT."

Thirdly, last weekend I met a corgi in Poulsbo and when I sat down right there on the ground to pet him, he kept jumping up and putting his paws on my shoulders as if to say, "Let's be friends, now and forever" and it felt like I was getting hit by a soft excitable pillow-friend. Needless to say, I want one of these.




Then I started thinking about my final project for Typography which consists of designing my own calendar--for any country in any layout for any number of months in any concept out of any material I can think of. It's an open-ended assignment, as you can see, but I know Naomi expects a lot. I found this in my research on calendar design and boy, do I wish I had thought of it first.




I've changed my mind though and now I am hellbent on using one of these for my project:





I'll let you know how it turns out. Oh and by the way, Lizbird, I have assigned you to photographically represent the month of June.

Love,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment